No, this isn’t a joke. My 5-year-old DID, in fact, ask me this question yesterday. The laughter was uncontrollable.
So,Ã‚Â I was tagged by Beth over at Thoughts Arrive Like Butterflies. And sinceÃ‚Â I love me some midwestern girls,Ã‚Â I cannot say no. And sinceÃ‚Â I also love to take things up a notch (BAM!), I thought I’d change this meme up a little. You are supposed to list your 5 favorite Christmas songs and then tag five people to do the same.Ã‚Â I thought I’d list my 5 favorites and my 5 least favorites too. (hey…..IT2M people….I’m using my shift key! You like?)Ã‚Â
Five Favorites (not in any order):
1. Oh Holy Night – Celine Dion. I’m usually not a big Celine fan, but she really knocks it out of the park with this one. I love the song in general, and her version is probably the best i’ve heard. so powerful. and just lovely to listen to.
2. What Child Is This – Sarah McLachlan. Could i love Sarah any more? This is just a beautiful song.
3. Believe – Josh Groban. from Polar Express. i love his voice. the words to this song. love.
4. Angels We Have Heard on High. so nice. even the Christina Aguilera version, if you can believe it.
5. Christmas Shoes – Newsong. i know, i know. everyone hates it. but, i don’t know. there’s something about it. brings me to tears every time i hear it.
Five Least Favorites:
1. Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney. I wrote about this last week. and howÃ‚Â I want to erase this song from existence completely.
2. The Chipmunk Song – David Seville and The Chipmunks. I seriously want to tear my hair out when I hear this song…ooh…I want a hooooooooola hooooooooop….yikes.
3. Last Christmas – Wham! the lyrics! the synthesizer! this song reeks of bad 80’s rock.
4. Feliz Navidad – Jose Feliciano.
5. Here Comes Santa Claus. dumbest song ever written. Seriously? Santa Claus lane? seriously?
~that ending could not have played out better for Jeff Probst and all his henchmen. it was a brilliant move. blindsiding them into a final three. meant that, as per usual, the person with immunity – in this case, Ozzy – couldn’t eliminate the stronger of the two and take the weaker one – Becky (read: no votes! no votes! she got NO votes!) – to the final 2. insant victory. no! in this case it was decided by one vote! one vote! two totally deserving players. Ozzy – the strongest physical player ever – and Yul – the strongest mental game player ever. Fantastic. and then there was smug old Becky all “vote for me…because i’m social…” yeah, whatever, Beckers.
~Ozzy = hotter on Cook Islands. he looked like a fish out of water last night.
~model boxing might be up there with fire dancer and rollergirl. also? her last name is Shallow. could that be any better? i think not!
~i love how Adam, the copier salesman, talks about other people being boring. he.