My name is Angella and I am tickled pink that Ali has asked me to guest post for her while she is away in St. Lucia. This is only my second guest post and I was not sure what I would write about at first. I could talk about the differences between BC (Where I live) and Ontario (Where Ali lives).
(I saw the news yesterday about the snow storm that is going on in Ontario. Ali could not have picked a better week to be away. I feel bad for those of you who are buried in snow. I really do.
*As she sits on her deck, basking in the sun while not wearing a jacket*)
I could talk about how I have grown to understand that Ali and I were meant to be friends. We both have three kids (And we both have a Miss Emily!), we share
an obsession with a love for RW&Co., we both love Starbucks lattes, Lancome mascara (She told me to get it and I am SO GLAD I listened), lululemon, LOST, the iPod touch…
The last three points I gleaned from the post she did for me last Thursday. While I was in Mexico.
Don’t hate me because I spent a week in paradise. Or do. It’s OK, because it was all sorts of wonderful. You should go.
That very post inspired me to
shamelessly copy do what Ali did and post a Thursday Thirteen. I thought her regular readers would like to see the same format, and I am a Type A person who loves lists. Mmmmm…lists.
I would love to post photos to go with my points, but I have had my photos stolen without my permission. Ali is much more knowledgeable about which photos are free for the using, but I am not. It pains me to be photo-free, but all I have to offer is photos from Mexico.
They have absolutely nothing to with my list, however (Except maybe points 1 & 2). Without further adieu, I bring you…
13 things that are Angella Approved
1. My Canon 40D. I am a huge photography buff, and take a billion photos. I also share what I am learning with those who are interested. I started with the Canon Rebel XT, and just moved up to the 40D last fall. Both are excellent cameras if you are looking to get an SLR.
2. Photoshop CS3. I was skeered to buy it, but I finally bit the bullet when there was a special on. I ordered Scott Kelby’s Book For Digital Photographers at the same time. Those two items have kicked my photo editing skillz up about five notches.
3. The Office. LOST and The Office are the only two shows that I manage to keep up with. Oh, how I love The Office. Jim and Pam, Michael, Dwight Shrute. Pure enjoyment.
4. Real Simple magazine. I stumbled across this magazine sometime last year and I was hooked. Each month is full of ideas (and recipes!) that I actually put into practice.
5. Speaking of recipes, I like to cook and bake. I could. not. live! without my KitchenAid stand-mixer. She is silver and purty, and is used on an almost daily basis.
6. My iPod Touch. I know Ali had in on her list, but my Touch is such an integral part of my daily life that I have to include it. It sits on a docking station in my kitchen (And bedroom. Ahem.) and comes with me in the car every time I leave the house.
7. Mat Kearney. His album was recommended to us before we left on our trip and it is a must-have. Easy listening, and a little catchy. I am listening to him as I type this. This album will forever remind me of Mexico.
9. Diet Coke. Think what you will about aspartame and such, but I like me some DC. I prefer it in the bottle (NOT the 2L) as opposed to the can. If you offer it in any form, I will accept it gladly.
10. MAC cosmetics. I have heard about the Sephora phenomenon, but last I heard there was not one in BC. I know they are online, but I am clueless about makeup. I like to go to MAC and have them teach me how to beautify myself.11. IKEA. We are in the Okanagan, so the closest one is in Vancouver (four hours away). I have had a couple of opportunities to wander the showrooms solo and leisurely browse all of that stellar organization. I like organization (See point number 2). The only downside is the eleventy billion hours it takes to assemble the furniture I buy. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger…
12. Pretty paper. I signed up as a Stampin’ Up demonstrator last year in order to get the discount and stock up on supplies. I was not interested in actually being a demonstrator, but I filled my craft room with all sorts of pretty paper before I let my Demonstrator status slide.
13. I saved the best for last. My family. My husband’s name is Matthew, but we call each other Honey. He is everything I dreamed of, but never thought I would end up with. We have three of the most amazing children that this world has ever seen. My cup runneth over.
‘Twas a pleasure to cover for the wonderful Miss Ali. I hope she’s having the best vacation of her life, and that those of you reading have a fantastic Thursday.