1. Apparently, Pizza Uno isnâ€™t a big fan of me. Well, Iâ€™ll tell you what, Pizza Uno, the feeling is mutual. I lived in Chicago for years, and never got a taste of the infamous Chicago Style Pizza that people rave about. This week I was able to have my very first taste test. Verdict? Totally not worth it. If I wanted to eat pie crust, Iâ€™d prefer it to be topped with key lime or pumpkin filling and whipped cream, thanks. As payback, the deep dish dinner kept me up all night with awesome indigestion. Viva la tums! (I told you that I singlehandedly keep them in business.)
2. Not everyone likes Swedish Fish as much as I do. And that kind of makes me want to cry. Silly Canadians. BUT, Canadians are privy to the wonder that is the Wunderbar, and, of course, the right kind of Smarties, so I will cut my northern comrades a little slack. Also, you know, there’s that free health care thing I enjoy partaking in. See: The Wisdom Tooth of Doom that I need to get taken out. AND TIM HORTONS.
3. I am starting to panic a little bit. I only have about 70 or so days left in the country and I am trying to pack it all in before I cross the border and get stripped of all the things I have taken for granted over the past 10 months. Daily trips to Target. Department store shopping. The Cheesecake Factory. The giant cupcakes at Fresh Market. DSW. Hulu. Decent cell phone plans.
4. I am so bad about taking important pictures. I mean, my god, I got to spend time with Kristin in Chicago and Heather (AND ANNABEL OMG)Â in LA, and what do I have to show for it? A picture that I’m stealing from Heather’s twitter stream (totally without permission) and she’s not even in it. Also, I kind of look ridiculous. But, be thankful that you can’t see the matzo ball-sized pimple that I’m sporting on my upper lip…she ain’t pretty.
5. Also, clearly, babies LOVE me.
6. Also, you see that dress I am wearing? It totally looks Anthro, right? Well, $20 at Dillards. BOOYA.
7. I probably just should have told you that it was Anthro. Also, I probably should never say the word booya again.
8. Fancy hotels needs to have real Q-tips because the fake ones are ridiculous.
9. You know you have a LOST addiction when your entire group is on the rooftop of your hotel getting sauced and discussing celebrity gossip while you are in your room watching LOST on Hulu. PS. totally worth it. Also, see #3.
10. The new Shrek movie is pretty friggin’ funny. Also, when you DO see the movie, and you hear the kid…I think his name is Butterpants…say “Do the roar, Shrek” don’t pee in your pants like I did. Trust me on this one, it’s a little embarrassing.