July 11 05

oh…i used to love the weekends. when i was home with the kids, before i went back to work when the boy was 18 months, i lived for the weekend. the husband was home, and we spent time together. good quality family time when i wasn’t battling the two kiddies solo.

nowadays, i dread the weekends.
i find them too chaotic and tiring.
we try so hard to get everything jam-packed into those precious two days.

but, i think the biggest problem is that the husband seems to have forgotten that i’m less than 4 weeks away from my due date. i’m moody. i’m huge. i’m uncomfortable. i’m tired. i’m cranky. we went to Canada’s Wonderland with the kids and the Eisners. It was a lot of fun…but it was still 96 degrees outside, and we were there from 9:30 until 2:30. it was a long day to be out in the sun. i was on my BEST behaviour, though, and enjoyed the day until about 2, when i realized my fingers were blown up like sausages and i no longer had any circulation in them. then i knew it was time to go home.

but, once we got home, the day got more chaotic. we were supposed to come inside and relax. the kids were tired and were begging to watch School of Rock (don’t ask…they are obsessed… and the husband caves to this obsession because clearly he’d rather watch this with them than Freaky Friday and A Cinderella Story). i was supposed to relax with the kids while the husband finished up the IKEA building.

well, well, well. somehow my nanny – who never throws anything away – threw away the receipt for the one unit that had 3 broken pieces. what are the chances? so, basically, instead of relaxing for the rest of the afternoon, I ransacked my house searching for the damn IKEA receipt. lucky for me that IKEA did the exchange without the receipt or i’d probably be signing divorce papers this afternoon.

then, the husband sent me out in the heat to buy the veggies for supper – because he didn’t feel like stopping on his way home from IKEA. what the hell?

so, needless to say, by the time the kids bedtime rolled around, i fell asleep right along with them. the problem with the naps, however, is that when i wake up at…say, 8:30, i can’t possibly fall back asleep. (and i managed to wake up with a gigantic jimmy neutron on my forehead…the stamp from my hand must have been resting on my forehead…) so, i was up all night. tossing and turning. tring to get comfortable.

argh. what was it that said the weekends were relaxing???


No comments yet


Allowed tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>