The day has finally come. laptop day. (y’all remember back in November when that infamous
shittyÃ‚Â blue screen of death combined with a husband who NEEDED to wait until boxing day left me laptopless?)
the first day of 2008 is ending in pure bliss. i’m lying in bed, watching one of the last episodes of season 4 of OC (the one where Ryan tells Taylor that he loves her! Squee!) and trying to catch up on my 1,098 unread posts in my bloglines…oh bloglines how i’ve neglected you. and no, that number is NOT an exaggeration. it really is that high.
We had a party of sorts last night. lack of babysitter was going to equal lack of new years plans so we decided to have some people over. the husband made his infamous gourmet pizza and we had a cookie exchange (see how clever i am? tell people they haveÃ‚Â to bringÃ‚Â cookies for your cookieÃ‚Â contest and then you don’t have to worry about dessert…)
i made these
homemade gingerbread mittens. i’ve never made gingerbread before, and was a little nervous. but they came out a-freakin’-mazing. (which does nothing good for my lard-ass, i’ll tell you)
another thing that did nothing good for my ass…all the rest of the entries…because, damn! they were but good!
well…officially, i have a few new years resolutions….last year i got all introspective and deep. This year i’m getting straight to the resolutions i might actually be able to, um, you know, DO…
1. i will drink more water, less diet coke
2. i will not talk about moving to thornhill woods more than once a day
3. i will not buy any more turtlenecks. 37 is enough.
4. i willÃ‚Â obey Mari Winsor 3 times a week…and actually try to get into the v-sit position instead of sitting on my ass and laughing at her while her assistants do them
5. i will remove ‘My Humps’ from my 6-year-old’s ipod
6. i will call my mothers more often
7. i will attempt to rid the world of the wordÃ‚Â ‘LOL’
8. i will try to, for once, think of a password that i can remember
9. i will fill up the gas tank before i’m completely empty and running on fumes
10. i will forgive Will Smith for the whole hitler-gate thing. i mean, after all, the ADL forgave him and he IS legend, right?
my niece Keira and I wish you all a happy new year…her picture gets posted because she looks WAY cuter than i do inÃ‚Â the hat