while i do believe that the phrase ‘jumped the shark’ may have actually done a little shark-jumping itself, it is still a useful way to describe shows that need.to.be.taken.off.the.air. yesterday.
1. America’s Got Talent – had potential. good host, a panel of c-list celebrities. i watched the first few episodes…but had to drop this. terrible. Regis should stick to his day job.
2. Smallville – this show was great in the beginning. great premise. gorgeous people to look at. the husband and i watched this religiously. but then too many people started dying…i mean, you lose a student every week and you would think someone would get suspicious…
3. Deal or No Deal – i admit it. i loved this in the beginning. even if it was 100% all about math and we knew what the banker was going to offer before he did. but it was fun. and i like Howie Mandel. but, i’m so over this.
4. CSI: Miami – CSI, even CSI: NY i can handle (because i have a less than normal attraction to Gary Sinise) but CSI: Miami has GOT to go. David Caruso? seriously?!?
5. My Name is Earl – amazing show. loved it. i love Jason Lee. and not only because people think he looks like the husband…in his Brodie and Banky days, not the earl days. but, it’s just lost it for me. maybe it just got too repetitive?
6. Desperate Housewives - after a kick-ass first season, there was just no way to keep up with it, and it lost it. i stopped watching after the third episode of season 2.
7. Supernatural – had lots of Roswell-like potential. spookiness. two hot guys certainly helped. but…it just sort of lost it on me…
8. Trading Spouses/Wife Swap - idea – completely hilarious. first two shows – great. after that….not so much.
9. Six Degrees – i was so looking forward to this show. Jay Hernandez? Campbell Scott? so much potential…but an absolute, total flop in my opinion. it was torture to watch.
10. ER - this one jumped the shark – for me, at least – right after Mark Green died. it totally lost me when Carter went to Africa and brought home a pregnant wife…or something…i wasn’t watching at that point anymore. i will give it props for bringing in two easy-on-the-eye men (Shane West and Uncle Jesse)…but it still didn’t draw me back in.
11. Gilmore Girls – this was one of my favorites. i loved the fast-paced, smart dialogue between Rory and Lorelai…but now…even since Lorelai married Chris (seriously, what the hell?) i can’t stand to listen to any of it. i want to punch Rory when she starts ranting for 20 minutes about jass music.
12. 7th Heaven – seriously, can we just put this one out of its misery already? it was a cute show, 100 years ago when they were actually a family with 7 kids…now all those kids are gone, except for, what, like, 1?
13. The Apprentice – i thought moving the show to LA might change it up a little bit…but i’m just over it. i’d rather make room for reality shows that i really like…american idol, amazing race and survivor.
what about you? shows you really want them to take off the air???