i removed the photos. i got this email yesterday:
Re: Britney Spears and Kevin Federline/Unauthorized Photographs
Our File No.: 3265-26
We are litigation counsel to Britney Spears, Kevin Federline and their infant son. We have become aware that certain photos of Ms. Spears, Mr. Federline and their newborn son which were recently taken in a private photo shoot and which were stolen or otherwise unlawfully obtained (the Ã¢â‚¬Å“PhotosÃ¢â‚¬Â) have been posted on the following websites, http://celebdish.blogspot.com, http://voxfx.blogspot.com, http://alimartell.blogspot.com, http://salaciousgossip.blogspot.com (the Ã¢â‚¬Å“WebsitesÃ¢â‚¬Â) at the URL addresses Ã¢â‚¬Å“http://celebdish.blogspot.com/2005/10/one-smart-baby.html, http://voxfx.blogspot.com/2005/10britney-spears-new-baby-pictures.html, http://alimartell.blogspot.com/2005/10/small-look-at-sean-preston-federline.html, http://salaciousgossip.blogspot.com/2005/10/little-sean-preston-federline.html.Ã¢â‚¬Â
Be advised that the publication and display of any of the Photos constitutes, among other things, a willful infringement of the copyright in the Photos owned by Ms. SpearsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ company, Britney Brands, Inc., a wrongful conversion of the images, a malicious invasion and violation of the right of privacy of Ms. Spears, Mr. Federline and their son, and an unauthorized commercial exploitation of my clientsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ respective names and likenesses without consent in violation of their statutory and common law right of publicity. Such infringing conduct exposes you and all those acting in concert with you to liability and substantial compensatory and punitive damages, including but not limited to, the damages suffered by my clients and any profits which you or others derive from the commercial use of the Photos, or, alternatively, statutory Ã¢â‚¬Å“in lieuÃ¢â‚¬Â damages of up to $150,000 for each copyright infringement.
We demand the immediate removal of the Photos from the Website. Demand is further made as follows:
1. That you immediately cease and desist from any further copying, displaying, distribution, sale, licensing, or other commercial exploitation of any of the Photos.
2. That you immediately inform us as to the identity of the person or persons from whom you obtained the Photos and/or who told you that you could use or exploit the Photos, and the circumstances under which you obtained them.
3. That you provide the name and contact information for each of the persons or entities to whom the Photos have been transmitted, sold or otherwise disseminated.
4. That if you have in your possession, custody or control any of the Photos, and/or the negatives or slides, that you agree to deliver them to us.
5. That you render a full accounting to us of each and every transaction that you and/or any of your agents have entered into concerning the sale or license of any of the Photos or any other related transactions, and an accounting of all monies paid or agreed to be paid to you as a result of each such sale, license or other transaction.
You will be well advised to comply with these demands immediately and to inform us in writing of your agreement to do so.
This letter does not purport to constitute a complete or exhaustive statement of all of my clientsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ rights, contentions or legal theories. Nothing contained herein is intended as, nor should it be deemed to constitute, a waiver or relinquishment of any of my clientsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ rights or remedies, whether legal or equitable, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.
This is a confidential legal notice and may not be published or disseminated in whole or in part.
JOHN H. LAVELY, JR.
i don’t know if it’s true or not….but i don’t care enough to get sued over it.