that time where we bid adieu to 2006 and say hello to 2007. We considered heading to Underground Atlanta tonight to watch the Peach Drop. We considered having some friends over for a nice dinner (and alcohol. there has to be alcohol) We considered going out for dinner and to a movie. but, seeing as we have three kids and no babysitter, my stepmom has a crazy sinus infection, and my poor little niece is throwing up, New Years’ Eve will most likely be spent in front of the tv. (just as long as we’re not watching You, Me and Dupree, which we watched last night….there’s 2 hours of my life i will never get back…) and it sounds just peachy to me. bad pun, i realize. but i haven’t slept in a week, so bear with me here.
saying goodbye to another year means saying hello to those little things we call resolutions. i make them every year. and i don’t really keep them.
i went back to my list from last year and re-assessed. Out of ten resolutions, they are all still in need of being resolved. shit. here’s my new and improved list. don’t yell at me that it’s ALMOST exactly identical to last years. i did a crappy job last year. a crappy, crappy job. but, i did cut down on more than half of my tv watching, so that has to count for something…
1. go to the gym. actually use my membership. not be lazy and get off my ass and work out at least 3 times a week. i begged the husband enough for this membership, i need to prove to him that it wasn’t a waste of money. also, i’d like to be skinny again.
2. make better eating choices. whole grains over whites. sweet potatoes over regular potatoes. low/no sugar over high sugar. more fruits and veggies.
3. DO NOT go to starbucks every day. no more than 3 times a week.
4. try not to stress so much. try not to think “what if” as much as i do. which is a lot. (this one i just copied and pasted from last year’s)
5. be nicer to my husband. try not to take my frustrations out on him. try to meet him halfway on the PDA (wait? what? you don’t know what PDA is? did you not go through middle school? public display of affection) he likes to hold hands and kiss in public and walk with our hands at each others’ waists. yikes! i’m sooo not into this. but he gets really, really insulted…so i’m going to try to be better at showing affection with him.
6. appreciate the amazing friends that i do have in my life and be better about showing them how much i appreaciate them. and not stress about the friends who frustrate me, let me down, annoy me. i don’t have enough time in my life to surround myself with people who don’t make me happy.
7. try to call my parents every day. this one’s going to be hard, especially since my mother is always working and i always feel like my dad doesn’t really care that i’m calling. but, it’s important and i want to try. try to call other family members – the husband’s and my my siblings every sunday.
8. organize. organize. organize. purge all the useless things.
9. try not to complain as much. online or in real life. try to focus on the good things. because there really are so many.
10. be better about staying on top of things. with my new handy-dandy organizer, i’m planning to never miss appointments. and always hand back permission slips on time. and never miss another bake sale again. please.
that’s all folks.Ã‚Â wish me luck.Ã‚Â i hope you all have a happy, happy new year. come over and say hi at Fabulous today. and see y’all in 2007.