as a female, i’m an expert at telling you what i completely suck at, what i’m only fairly good at, and what i wish i could be better at.
i really wish i was a better photographer. i wish i had taken a course and learned how to really use a camera and get the most out of it. i wish i was a better phone person. i’m not. i know i’m not. but i’d like to be. i’d like to be that friend who will call you every day just to check in…but i never do it. i wish i was better about getting people their gifts on time. i swear, i have the best of intentions…i just can’t figure out how to make the delivery happen. i wish i was a better dancer…because, seriously? i can’t dance for crap.
what i’m not so good at, however, is telling the things that i am good at. so, today’s exercise, friends is to come up with five…
1. i’m really good at pilates. i have learned toÃ‚Â use my *powerhouse* to do all sorts of contortion acts. and now i’m insanely flexible.
2. i make a mean-ass chocolate chip cookie. just ask everyone at baseball (except for the few naysayers [is that a word?] who think they can do better…and the few who say they don’t eat cookies. i ask you, who doesn’t eat cookies??)
3. i’m a really good piano player. i started taking lessons when i was 7. my mom went out and bought this
used vintage piano that had a treasure trove of sheet music inside the seat. i taught myself to play them all….well, with the help of Mr. Kahn and his gestapo-like teaching skillz.
4. I am a movie quote queen. I swear…my brain remembers all sorts of useless trivia, and movie quotes are high up there in the random things i remember area. i’ll remember most of movies i’ve seen once…so don’t even get me started on movies i’ve seen several hundred times…like the Breakfast Club.
5. i’m a really good listener. i swear, i know it sounds like putting “I haveÃ‚Â excellent written and verbal skills” on a resume…everyone says it…but i really am. just because i don’t actually call my friends, i’m am very good at listening to them. i’m not one of those wait-to-speak-ers, like my mom, if you’re talking to me…i’m actually listening…and i’m remembering everthing you’ve said to me. so…i guess that makes me a good listener and a good retainer. bonus! two in one!
now it’s your turn 🙂
i cannot get enough of this man:
he’s dirty. he’s greasy. he’s mean. but this man makes me weak in the knees (and in other unmentionables), i tell you. weak.
all you Lost lovers out there…are you a Jack or a Sawyer??
come and say hi over at Fabulous today. It’s Hot Topic Friday and we are, of course, talking about Lauren Caitlin Upton. Poor, poor Miss South Carolina and The Iraq.