July 24 11

I love you so much you are so pretty cuddle me mama come and talk about boys I want a backpack from Justice I hope I grow up to look just like you. I hate you don’t look at me don’t even talk to me you are the worst you don’t understand anything about my life why are you still looking at me stop looking at me you are the worst. I want to live across the street from you when I’m older so I can still see you every day because I would miss you too much you are my most favorite shopping buddy let’s go online and look at dresses can I show you the dance I choreographed I think you are amazing, like, you are the best writer ever and one day I hope to write as well as you you are so beautiful you have the best hair I wish I had hair as nice as yours. Stop looking at me stop talking about me I know that you love Isabella and Joshie more than you love me you are the worst I know you think I’m bad at math what-ever I wish I had never been born I wish I didn’t have to live in this house you never listen to me you are so unbelievably unfair I am not a little kid I should be able to do whatever I want It’s all your fault. Can we go see a movie together can I borrow your green t-shirt you have the best style will you teach me to wear makeup like you wear it you are so nice let’s snuggle and cuddle and hang out want me to give you the chills and play with your hair and then we can switch my friends think you’re, like, the coolest mom ever thank you thank you thank you I want to hold you hand because I just love you so very much please don’t ever let go.

1. So nice that I almost cried from gentle. I remember being a chiled in that age.. I don’t know why all this feeling and memory, makes me sad.

Comment by Michael on July 25, 2011
  2. tears

Comment by Gemini-Girl on July 25, 2011
  3. Every mother’s reality eh? the good thing is that these words stop as soon as their own children start saying them to our children :)

Comment by ella on July 25, 2011
  4. Thank you for reminding me … my own daughter will be 10 soon.

Comment by Laurie on July 25, 2011
  5. teeeeeeest.

Comment by ali on July 25, 2011
  6. Puberty is approaching. She won’t act “normal” until she is 15. Good luck!

Comment by Rae Ann on July 25, 2011
  7. I have my 4-year-old daughter now and she’ll be 10 soon.

Comment by carlamin88 on July 25, 2011
  8. I love this… makes me a little sad because you just love them so much – my 3yo daughter is already a little moody. I wonder if little boys go through this as well?

They are children IN FLUX.
    It must be hard to be a preteen.

Comment by Sandy on July 25, 2011
  9. Sigh…little girls.

Also? LOVE her shirt. :)

I was hoping someone would notice her shirt!

Comment by Holly {Artist Mother Teacher} on July 25, 2011
  10. Back and forth, eh?

While I’m sure that the pendulum is tough to manage, the emotional blow to me would be bad. Does it get easier as you realize that the pendulum swings back everytime?

Comment by Heather on July 25, 2011
  11. Sigh.

Happy Birthday to you both. xoxo

Comment by Angella on July 25, 2011
  12. My son is 5 years old, and I feel the same as you showed here
    strangely
    Thank you!

Comment by Katie on July 25, 2011
  13. That is awesome. The range of emotions my kids go through during the course of a day often leaves me wondering if I should be seeking prescription medications (for them, not me. Okay maybe a little me). Thank you for letting me know this is normal. Poor baby girl. It hits hard and fast, doesn’t it?

Comment by Marianne on July 25, 2011
  14. Wow, Ali, awesome…. Happy birthday, Emily! And to you too, Al! You do have fab hair and are obv an awesome writer. Thank you for this. Reminds me of my SIX year old (already…). xo

Ha. It’s actually not her birthday. It’s just a portrait of what age ten is like :)

Haley-O (Cheaty) replied on

Oh DUHH. I was wondering why it didn’t say Happy Birthday, and then I saw a comment above, etc., etc. Bygones. Loved it…!

No worries, of course! Also, thanks for saying all those lovely things about me ;) xoxo

Comment by Haley-O (Cheaty) on July 25, 2011
  15. So you’re saying the bi-polar mood swings will only get worse?! Dear lord, I am in for it.

Comment by Gamanda on July 26, 2011
  16. My 7 year-old daughter starts to show moody behavior right now.

Comment by Jazmin on July 29, 2011
  17. This post is so true, it perfectly describes what seems to be going on with my daughters. Reading it made me feel like everything will be alright!

Comment by Patricia on July 29, 2011
  18. This just made me smile and cry at the same time. Kudos for this. (I want to live across the street from you when I’m older so I can still see you every day because I would miss you too much you are my most favorite shopping buddy let’s go online and look at dresses can I show you the dance I choreographed….)

Comment by Rivers on August 24, 2011