October 24 06

i’m it. been tagged by the ever-so-lovely Sadie. it’s the 9 Weird Things Meme. i’m to tell you internets 9 weird things about me (as if there are only 9…) and then tag 9 people to go ahead and do it too.

1. i blow my hair dry either completely naked or in a bra and underwear. always.

2. i only drink out of disposable containers. i cannot use a plastic cup (ew) or even a glass, even if i watched it come out of the dishwasher. oh, and once someone uses a cup of mine (including my children), i can’t drink out of it again.

3. i don’t drink enough during the day so when i get into bed at night, i open a water bottle, drink it, then fill it up about 4 more times and drink. and after that night, i will never use that water bottle again. but i won’t throw it out, either. it will sit on my bedside table until someone else throws it away. and every night i use a new bottle, so sometimes there will be 4 or 5 before the husband finally tosses them.

4. i always think people are talking about me. if i ever see people whispering or talking near me, i know they are talking about me. especially at work.

5. if i’m ever having trouble falling asleep, i sing the song “we didn’t start the fire” in my head until i’m asleep. it always works and i’ve never gotten to the end.

6. when i was younger, i was obsessed with the book and the movie called, “Alex: the Life of a Child.” it was about a girl who died of cystic fibrosis. obsessed. to the point where i wanted to change my name to Alex.

7. i can’t take pills. seriously.  i have to whip my head back when i have to swallow a pill. i’m so bad at swallowing pills that i would prefer to drink liquid medicine over the pill form. and if i have to take antibiotics, i actually ask if it comes in chewable form.

8. i have anxiety attacks when i have to order off of menus. i find them incredibly overwhelming. I want to try something new…but what if i don’t like it? then i’ve ruined my entire meal out. so, do i go with something i know i like just so i know i won’t be disappointed? it’s so stressful.

9. I can touch my nose with my tongue.

okay…let’s see…who can i terrorize tag??

we’ll go with Metro Mama, IzzyMom, JuJuBee, Life of ‘Pie, Write From Karen, Fish and Family, Cheaty Monkey (course!), Something Baby Blue, Mom 101.

1. But then don’t you have to get up five times in the night to pee? If I were you, I’d do that ritual in the morning! I make myself drink water as soon as my coffee is gone (because it would dehydrate me) and I will begin to forget water as the day wears on.

Comment by Brenda on October 24, 2006
  2. Oh, I will try to get to this!! After I post, you will see why it might be put on a back burner ;)

Comment by JuJuBee on October 24, 2006
  3. I blow dry my hair completely naked too! My husband always says I am weird for it, but I have to do it this way.

Comment by Jaime on October 24, 2006
  4. Good grief, except for the pills part….. you just described me to a tee.

Comment by Jay on October 24, 2006
  5. you are so freaking cute about the menu thing! lol

Comment by jennster on October 24, 2006
  6. Thanks for playing!

You ARE weird! ;) I’m going to try “We Didn’t Start the Fire.” Except I’m not sure I know all the words.

Comment by Sadie on October 24, 2006
  7. Weird-O…! But, this is why we all LOVE you! I remember doing this tag a while back, but I’ll do it again (‘course!;)) and switch it up a bit.

Comment by Haley-O on October 24, 2006
  8. Ha. We’re all weird in our own ways. You’ve got some good ones.

Comment by Chris on October 25, 2006
  9. The drinking thing is hilarious….
    We are all such lovable freaks though.

Comment by anne/crazymumma on October 25, 2006
  10. Oooh, #4 gets me in trouble all the time. Does it mean we are arrogant or paranoid? Or both?

Comment by slackermommy on October 25, 2006
  11. You are very cute and the water bottle thing is WAY freakish. And I will do the 9 Weird Things soon, as I’ve been taaaaagged.

I know what you mean about restaurant ordering, and my husband’s way-too-logical rule is this: If you are paying, it’s way too risky to try something new. If it’s on someone else, go wild, because you haven’t really missed out.

I HATE his rule, so boring, always try something new, and it usually sucks. So I eat his food.

Comment by Margo on October 26, 2006
  12. Tongue tricks! You must be so much fun at parties! I couldn’t help but giggle at you singing “We Didn’t Start the Fire” to get to sleep.

I will attempt to find nine whacky things that I do to share.

Comment by something blue on October 26, 2006
  13. You weirdo! (I love weird people)

I did a meme on my weirdness a while back. It was only six things, so I guess I owe you three weird things?

Here’s a link if you’re really bored:

Comment by Izzy on October 26, 2006
  14. Hydrocodone cough syrup….

Hydrocodone….