February 2 05

Well, the first trimester is technically over and we move into the second. i don’t really feel like it’s over.

when i found out i was pregnant i became completely determined to do it differently this third (and who knows…possibly last) time around. i will NOT give in to every food temptation. i will NOT be a lump for 9 months and only exercise in the last month to induce labor. i will drink lots and lots of water. i will take my prenatal horsepill. i will drink lots and lots of milk.

well…let’s see what i’ve been sticking to…i’ve gained 3.5 pounds. not bad, considering with Emily and Joshie i gained close to 10 in the first trimester. see, for me, the only way to combat all-day sickness was to eat. actually, with joshie there was no excuse, because i didn’t feel sick. it’s just because in my regular life, i diet and watch every ounce of food that goes into my mouth, pregnancy was a chance to eat whatever i wanted, whenever. and i did. so, this time, i’m eating to not feel sick, but i’m eating pretty healthily. trying not to give in to the crazy carb cravings. seriously, if i ate pasta for three meals a day, i’d be a happy, happy woman.

i AM exercising. visiting the gym about 3 times per week. not bad. not bad. big pat on the back for myself.

i am not drinking enough. there. i said it. every drink makes me want to hurl my guts out. i am now able to finally drink water again – but it has to be completely ICE cold.

i can not take my pill every day. i just can’t. it makes me so sick. and just trying to get that sucker down is such torture. i don’t take the smallest of pills easily – and it’s such a cruel trick of nature that when my gag reflex is on the fritz (aka pregnancy) i have to take these pills that are the size of quarters. i’m trying. i really am.

ix-nay on the ilk-may. saturday mornings i can get a bowl of cereal into my stomach. barely. i’m hoping once the sickness subsides, i’ll be able to drink more milk. until then, i’ll just have to pretend.

1. try chocolate milk, works for me!

Comment by Anonymous on February 2, 2005
  2. Have you tried chocolate milk? works for me.

Comment by Anonymous on February 2, 2005
  3. holy cow! did i miss the post about you being pregnant?!! congratulations!!!!!!!!

as for pills – i’m the exact same way – even a tiny sudafed makes me gag – and the prenatals always came right back up. it helped me to take them at dinner time rather than in the morning. much better!

good luck!! :)

Comment by chisparoja on February 2, 2005
  4. i posted my ultrasound picture last week. i’m guessing lots of people missed it since i only got one comment on it!!!

Comment by Ali on February 3, 2005
  5. Hey…just came across you on Blogazoo. Listen, you don’t have to swallow a horsepill when you’re pregnant. You can take a liquid called Floradex, available at most health food stores, which is 5 billion times better for you and easier to take. I’m a certified childbirth educator and labor assistant, and I’ve also gone the Floradex route myself through two healthy pregnancies.

Just a suggestion! :)

Comment by panthergirl on February 3, 2005
  6. is it available in canada??

i hear in the states they also have prenatal chewables…

Comment by Ali on February 3, 2005
  7. oh!! dur!! “where will you be in august ’05?” um… i know i’m proving i’m an idiot with this statement – but i didn’t realize it was YOUR ultrasound photo!! yes, yes, YOUR blog, YOUR photo… what can I say?

congratulations again and sorry for not saying so weeks back!! :)

Comment by chisparoja on February 3, 2005