and that means that it’s back to school time!!
I love everything about back-to-school….even now, when i am no longer going back to school.
I love buying school supplies and new fall clothing.
I love the feel of a new daily planner and notebooks that haven’t been written in yet.
I love the idea of starting something new. Of going back to school and seeing all my friends and catching up.
I’m such a tool.
In keeping with today’s theme, here’s a quote from “Back to School”
Thornton Melon : What’s your favorite subject?
Thornton Melon : Really? Well, maybe you can help me straighten out my Longfellow.
Now that i’m no longer a student, even though i’m sending my little baby off to school next week, i can get excited about my other favorite thing about September:
THE NEW FALL TV SEASON! yay.
shows i’m looking forward to seeing their season premieres:
as a side note – the Sopranos would be my #1, but since it’s not starting for another five hundred years, i won’t add it to my list.
1) Gilmore Girls - come on people. Little Rory has lost her virginity – WITH A MARRIED MAN – i am dying that they’ve left me hanging all summer!
2) The West Wing – i know, i know, this show has seriously gone downhill and the whole Donna fiasco…come on….but, it’s a guilty pleasure for me. something about josh lyman just makes me smile…
3) The OC and One Tree Hill – yes, i’ve lumped them together. beautiful people hooking up with all sorts of other good looking people makes for really entertaining tv.
4) Survivor and the Amazing Race 6 – Yes, I still watch them, and yes, i do think they are still fantastic!
5) The Apprentice – “You’re Fired.” god I love that show.
Honorable mentions…Scrubs, Everybody Loves Raymond and Arrested Development. great shows. And I’m really liking Entourage these days.
shows i wish they would take off the air:
1) ER – i know i will get flogged for this one – most of my friends are serious die-hard fans, but face it, the moment Mark Green died, this show seriously jumped the shark. And if this was real life people, this ER would have been shut down a long time ago – it’s a biohazard if i ever saw one!
2) The Bachelor - let’s face it – it sucks. Haven’t the producers realized that not one bachelor has stayed with his pick??? There are no Ryan and Tristas on the Bachelor. Give it the axe already.
3) CSI Miami – David Caruso just can’t pull it off – he’s extremely irritating. Even though i can appreciate that one of the guys on the show was Slater in Dazed and Confused (which gets at least a 20-second giggle out of me), it’s still not enough to make this show worth watching.
4) 7th Heaven – please, oh please, put the Camden clan out of their misery
5) Big Brother – - – do i really need to explain this one???