well, there were mixed reviews of the beer slurpee. some were all “hells yeah! sign me up, yo!”. others were all “what the hell is wrong with you, Ali?! i mean, DUDE! come on!”
so, there may or may not be beer slurpees at my dinner party.
so…you may or may not have heard about this little dinner party that Auds over at Barking Mad has cooked up.
and while i, of course, love to chow down and stuff my face, and i do enjoy a good bandwagon jump..i mean, i did make a mangaAli (that looks ohnotathinglikeme)
and i did jump all over the Twilight bandwagon, i was hesitant to do this. i mean, when i tell you i have a ridiculous amount of blogs in my reader, i’m NOT exaggerating. yes, several of them are gossip sites that i peruse for this site over here…but after cleaning out my reader, i was still left with 246 blogs. 246 blogs that i LIKE to read. shit.
but, then i looked at the post again. and i just had to be a part of this. because i like what it’s about. community. love. two things that are VERY important to me.
alright. well, here we go, through 246 blogs! 246 blogs! (just like Rain Main’s 246 toothpicks. “uh, there’s 4 left in the box”) to make it easier, i’m making this an all-female party. sorry Mike, and Danny, and Neil, and Shawn, and ScifiDad and Chris. (you see that? that’s called cheating right there. including the penis without having to take up space at the table.) (that was cheat #1)
cheat #2 is that everyone gets to come with a date. (aha!) but you do have to share a chair at the vagina fest. it’s going to get COZY.
1. HeatherB of No Pasa Nada and Metalia of Metalia. ah, representing New York. I almost got to have brunch with both these lovely ladies a few weeks ago, but thanks to the motherfucking train, HeatherB didn’t quite make it more than 3 miles from home. boo. i love them. and not just because Heather drinks wine out of starbucks cups and Metalia and i had exactly. the. same. childhood.
2. Jennster of Jennster and Y of Joy Unexpected. Two of the funniest, hottest, most amazing, most genuine women. for reals. and seriously…who other than Jennster would make out with an orange chair and then try to take it home from the party?? i wish they didn’t live all the way in California. also? cheeseburger parties. mmm…
3. Kristin of Camels and Chocolate and Amber of Moose in the Kitchen (you girls are representing all of my SF lovers. you know who you are. what? you think i’m going to cheat a third time???) friends for life, these two. funny. beautiful. awesome.
need i say more???!! LOVE! Angella and i got the full-on Loralee serenade. awe.some. and Angella is my west coast twin. we are total samesies.
5. MamaTulip of Where am i Going and Why am I in this Handbasket and Sam of Temporarily Me . I love these two women. LOVE. i don’t see enough of them, even though we live fairly close to each other. but, they are true friends. who make me laugh, and cry, and help me fix my feedburner stats when they aren’t working.
6. Tanis of Redneck Mommy and Mr. Lady of Whiskey in my Sippy Cup. hello, hot. these women (and Fadkog too!!)(cheat #3) keep me entertained (and all hot and bothered) on twitter on a daily basis. i can’t wait to see what it’d be like in real life. (also? they aren’t just pretty faces…they are awesome people too. i mean, hi, AWESOME.)
8. Casey of Moosh in Indy and Heather of The Spohrs are Multiplying. sure, they have amazing hair and camera and gorgeous little girls and are HAWT dancers…but they are so much more. they are the most pocketable people i know. i wish i had stuffed them in my jacket pockets and taken them home from blogher. (i promise there will be wunderbars)
9. Chris of Notes from the Trenches and Susan of Friday Playdate. what can i say about these two? they are two of the most beautiful women – also? the snarkiest!!!! – i have ever seen in real life, and were happy to help me when i couldn’t dress myself. i wonder what they’d think of what i wear to play baseball…
10. Jennifer of Playgroups are No Place for Children and Andi of Poot and Cubby and i just love these girls. i love everything about them. their writing, their great taste in black shirts…everything. i almost got to share a cab with miss Andi but she got too nervous and left for the airport without me (sob) and she’s taking a bloggy break (sob again) now…but i hope she’ll be back soon!
11. Becca of DasBecca and Sarah of Whoorl. i really need these two extras at my party. i just do. i pink puffy heart Becca so much. we’ve never met in real life, but she’s one of those people that you just KNOW would be a best friend. and, hello! she designed my site and made it kick. ass. and Whoorl – who recently gave my new haircut the whoorl hair seal of approval! – is just amazing. super, super nice. even when i told her that we don’t have target in Canada…
so..there may not be beer slurpees…but there will definitely be some Mexican Bulldogs!
this is all about the LOVE, people!
so, who’s crashing???? everyone’s invited…just answer me this:
what are you bringing?